To discover Savings Made SimpleS,M visit SamsClub.com/newsroom, and look for Sam’s Club on Twitter (@samsclub; @samsclubdeals), Facebook (/samsclub) and our mobile and iPad applications.
- President & CEO: Rosalind “Roz” Brewer, named January
- First club opened: Midwest City, Oklahoma in 1983
- Latest club opened: Lincoln, NE and Elgin, IL, August 29, 2012
- Headquarters: 2101 SE Simple Savings Drive, Bentonville, AR 72712
- Clubs: As of May 2012, Sam’s Club has 612 clubs in the S. and Puerto Rico and international presence in Brazil, China and Mexico.
- In 2012, Sam’s Club S. will open 12 new clubs: Hendersonville, TN (3/12); Lubbock, TX (4/12); McAllen, TX (4/12); Worcester, MA (5/12); Denham Springs, LA (6/12); Lincoln, NE (8/29); Elgin, IL (8/29), Houston (Pearland), TX (9/12); Kansas City, KS (10/12); St. Petersburg, FL (10/12); Covington, LA (11/12); and Wentzville, MO (11/12);
- Savings Made Simple: in 2012, Members save an average of 34 percent over traditional
- Size: Eighth largest retailer in the S.
- Total Sam’s Club Associates: More than 100,000 in the S. and Puerto Rico and an average of 175 per club. More than 70 percent of club management was promoted from hourly positions.
- Membership: 47M Sam’s Club Members in S. and Puerto Rico
- $40 Advantage for individuals and families
- $35 Business for business owners and managers
- $100 PLUS for individuals, families and business owners
- Collegiate for college students with .edu email
- In November 2011, Sam’s Club announced a new Military Membership to our portfolio of membership offerings, showing appreciation for active and retired U.S. military personnel. A $15 gift card is awarded to current, retired and civilian military personnel upon joining Sam’s
The Value of Membership at Sam’s Club: Superior Quality at an Unbeatable Value
- Early shopping hours for Plus and Business Members from 7 m. to 10 a.m. during the week.
- Sam’s Instant Savings for Plus Members: personalized savings on hundreds of items, including fresh foods, health and beauty products, and office There are no coupons to clip and no rebate forms to complete and mail with Sam’s Instant Savings. Sam’s Club Plus Members receive customized offers tailored to them and discounts are automatically taken at the register with the swipe of membership cards. Sam’s Club estimates Plus Members save more than $300 per year with Sam’s Instant Savings.
- Click ‘n’ Pull – All Members can take advantage of advance ordering services, Click n’ Pull®, to make shopping more con- Simply submit an order at SamsClub.com/clicknpull by 5 p.m., and items will be ready to pick up the next day.
- Members can also take advantage of the new delivery and installation Tech Experts assemble, deliver and install Sam’s Club items, starting at $59.
- Business Members receive a 20 percent savings on fees by applying for small business loans through Superior Financial The process is simple and fast for loans of $5,000 to $25,000.
- Proprietary Brands for Members: In 2011, Sam’s Club announced the exclusive availability of three private label brands, providing the extraordinary quality our Members expect at an amazing value they Replacing the Sam’s Club Member’s Mark line in three distinct categories are:
- Simply Right™, dedicated to providing healthful, gentle, and safe personal care products for the entire family
- Artisan Fresh, a deli and bakery brand built from love for “made-from-scratch” goodness, that guides a robust selection of great-tasting, skillfully prepared foods such as “mix and match” pies/bakery goods, fresh breads, marinated meats and other dinner solutions
- Daily Chef provides a wide array of delicious and affordable everyday foods such as pasta, dried fruit, frozen vegetables and chicken
Sam’s is part of Walmart International